Today was a perfect day for meditation. It was cool and rainy outside. I had the window open next to my ‘meditation chair,’ a slight breeze was coming through, Floyd was snoozing, my Earl Grey was at its perfect drinking temperature….
I like to keep a meditation journal next to me when I meditate. That way when an urgent thought, idea or agenda item pops into my mind I can write it down and come back to it after my mediation session, much like a pen and paper on the nightstand for those middle-of-the- night ideas.
Today, all was right for a successful meditation. However, here are my *very important* items I noted in my journal whilst trying to find inner peace:
1. My comforter doesn’t match my curtains.
2. I need to buy a new comforter.
3. What am I going to do this weekend to entertain my out-of-town guest?
4. I need to use a sticky type of paint on the walls of my future yoga studio (long story).
5. This would make a good blog post.
Alas, the mind is a wandering puppy dog.
This is my ‘meditation altar’ that is next to my ‘meditation chair.’ The frog was a gift from my father from a sacred Indian store: ‘Pier One.’